Expression of Interest
Business Development Managers with Australia’s leading Weapons and Munitions Provider
Due to recent program successes, several roles exist for Business Development Managers (BDM) with Defence weapons and munitions experience to expand NIOA’s strategic business winning team.
- Opportunities within the Maritime / Air and Munitions Manufacturing domains within an established Business Development Team.
- An established and growing 100% Australian owned and operated Company.
- Canberra or Melbourne base preferred, other locations considered subject to the experience of the candidate.
NIOA is Australasia's leading Prime Contractor for weapons, munitions and related products servicing the Defence, Law Enforcement and commercial markets and has established munitions manufacturing operations in Maryborough, Queensland and Benalla, Victoria. We are experiencing significant growth in our Defence and munitions manufacturing programs and are seeking to expand our BD team to capitalise of future opportunities.
Successful candidates will be responsible for the capture of strategic growth opportunities including management of strategic and operational marketing and customer relationships.
As a business development professional, you will have a solid background with the Defence, Defence industry or CASG weapons and munitions communities and be well networked with key stakeholders. You will be responsible for developing strategic growth campaigns and be supported by an experienced and focussed business development team, a specialist marketing department and NIOA’s Senior Leadership Team.
Your responsibilities will also include:
- Leading and being responsible for business development and opportunity capture.
- Working closely with the General Manager, Business Development and the Senior Leadership Team to identify new opportunities and formulate new proposals and concepts for NIOA.
- Maximising sales and business development opportunities and brand awareness.
- Developing and executing the business development vision to achieve the goals and business objectives of the company.
- Supporting the Senior Leadership Team to set and execute NIOA’s strategic goals.
The successful applicant will ideally have demonstrated experience and a track record in a similar role. However, candidates with a solid technical background in weapons and munitions with the desire to move into a Business Development role would be highly considered. Other desirable skills and experience include:
- An understanding of Defence capability development, acquisition and sustainment programs.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop and grow relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- High levels of self-motivation and initiative.
- Capacity for informed decision making and problem solving.
The successful applicant will be offered a highly attractive remuneration package proportionate to their skills and experience. The ability to obtain a Defence security clearance is mandatory.
Please email Cover letter and CV to: HR@nioa.com.au ATT “BDM position”