Ross Vasta MP advocates for home grown Defence companies.
Federal Member for Bonner, Mr Ross Vasta recently visited Picatinny Arsenal in the State of New Jersey to view first hand the US Army Combat Capabilities Development Command Armaments Centre.
Ross was able to observe the capability being developed in the United States whilst also advocating for home grown Australian Defence Prime’s like NIOA who specialise in the weapon and munitions domain.
Upon return to Australia, Ross provided a brief of the visit to Mr Robert Nioa, Managing Director of NIOA.
In July of 2019, NIOA announced the establishment of a US office and the appointment of Ms. Doreen Chaplin as our Regional Manager in North America.
In the bottom left photo (L-R):
- BG Alfred Abramson, Joint Program Executive Officer Armaments and Ammunition
- Mr Alastair J M Walton, Consul General, Australian Consulate-General
- Mr Ross Vasta MP, Federal MP for Bonner, Australian Government Representative at the UN
- Mr Anthony Sebasto, Executive Director Enterprise and System Integration Center, Combat Capabilities Development Command – Armaments Center
- Mr Thomas Coradeschi, Assistant Program Executive Office - International, Joint Program Executive Office Armaments and Ammunition
- LTCOL Scott Bowser, Australian Foreign Liaison Officer, Joint Program Executive Office Armaments and Ammunition